Design Ideas & Tips For Your Outdoor Renovation
Your backyard is an extension of your home – it should reflect your style, favorite things, and match the theme of your home. These days, an outdoor space is more important than ever.
Staying at home prompted homeowners to reexamine their indoor and outdoor space – and invest more in design, landscaping and updating their gardens and greenspace. Potential homebuyers are also keenly interested in how a home’s design and landscaping can help them work, play and enjoy their home more often.
What’s great about redesigning your home’s landscaping and hardscaping features is that it allows you to create a private space where you and your family can embrace a more active lifestyle, such as circuit workouts or gardening, grilling or bocce.
It can be intimidating to decide what to do. Emerge2 can help! If you’re a homeowner who wants to make a move but doesn’t know where to start, consider these design and landscaping ideas when planning your outdoor renovation.
If you’re looking to design a backyard that both kids and parents will enjoy while being safe and attractive, a multi-use yard is a great option for you.
- Incorporate seating and dining spaces with interactive sculptures for children to play on along with a grass-covered berm.
- Benches and fences can be made from stained or natural hardwood, giving the space a rugged yet refined look.
- Plant greenery to create a serene setting while maintaining privacy, and balance textures by using recycled brick for a patio next to a lush, soft lawn, perfect for cartwheels or summersaults.
- Make clever use of small spaces by incorporating storage areas for toys or other things in benches or other furniture.
You can opt to stretch your living area to enjoy a woodland setting right at your back door.
- Reconfigure your back porch to incorporate a raised patio using natural stone.
- Use paths to create smooth transitions from indoor spaces to a more natural setting. For an easy garden path, use river stones, gravel or mulch. For a more formal design style, choose a natural stepping stone for your path or consider using repurposed bricks.
- Create unique outdoor spaces that embrace the natural setting like an outdoor fireplace spot, a gazebo, a shade garden, or a koi pond with a bench.
- Incorporate bold, eye-catching foliage and native plants like Arrowwood Viburnum, pink astilbe, crabapple, boxwood, ornamental grasses, and gray birch.
If you live in a mid-century home, you can renovate your outdoor spaces with a modern look that offers usable living spaces outdoors. This design style boasts unique colors, textures, and bold forms. Incorporating a garden will give the outdoor space a contemporary feeling while softening the angular architecture. This smart design is low profile, with nothing obstructing your fabulous view.
- Retain the post-and-beam design while adding a cabana, carport, or a gym, complete with a private patio connected to the master suite.
- Work with the property’s natural slope using a railroad-tie pathway to run across the property.
- Redo your driveway and walkways with permeable Grasscrete and concrete pavers, allowing the grass to grow in spaces as decorations in the concrete.
- Add a pool along with outdoor wellness zones to emphasize the property’s horizontal lines.
If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to visit Emerge2 for assistance. We would be happy to help you in any way we can.